Healthy Irish Beef Steak Taco



Each month I receive Easy Food- A brilliant Irish food magazine that's packed with a vast variety of lovely recipes. I keep my back dated issues together on a shelf and I regularly refer to them.
To buy from a newsagent this magazine is fantastic value at 3 euros, however I get the magazine renewed through my Tesco vouchers and it only costs 1 euro per issue- Simply unbelievable value as it is also delivered to my door for this price.
This month I am testing a recipe for the Easy Food Magazine and these Steak Tacos is that recipe. I enjoy this sort of dining as one can have bowls of salad, grated cheese, guacamole etc all ready for serving in the fridge, then when guests arrive the meat can quickly be fried. I would advice to have the tortillas hot and possibly sprinkle each with a little cheese before taking off the pan. The steak that I use for these would be the end pieces of fillet steak, as my butcher charges the same price for these as sirloin steak and it is so deliciously tender the fillet is perfect for quick frying. The meat also needs to be sizzling hot when serving because once you add the salads etc the wrap cools down considerably. The taco can be served with chips, some boiled rice or a little salad.

Steak Taco

Ingredients
2lbs steak (any type you like) in strips
1/2 onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, crushed
juice of 2 limes
salt and pepper
1 large candful coriander, chopped
1 1/2tbsp olive oil
1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
8 tortilla wraps
small head of lettuce, shredded
roast tomato salsa
100g grated cheese
To serve
sour cream
guacamole

Method
1 Place the steak in a ziplock bag with the onion, garlic, lime,
pepper, coriander and olive oil.
2. Place in the fridge to marinate for at least two hours.
3. Once marinated, place under the grill or on a griddle pan and cook for 5-10 minutes each side, depending on how you like you steak done.
4. Heat the tortillas in a large dry pan. Sprinkle with cheese if desired
and allow it to melt.
5. Serve the tortillas with the steak and other fillings, and allow your guests to assemble their own.

0 Comments: