Killachonna Salad Dressing


In the greenhouse, my father has many different varieties of lettuce growing. The flavour from lettuce grown at home in the soil is so significantly better than the shop-bought alternative. Not only is the flavour better but nutritionally there is no comparison. It has been reported, the lettuce bought in the bag ''ready for use'' is washed in chlorine 14 times stronger than that used in swimming pools, so your salad on the side may cause you more bad than good.
I love a proper green salad, to accompany a meal, with a drizzle of this dressing on top.
In the past, I have bought more salad dressing and I always end up throwing out half the bottle. So now I just make up a small amount of dressing as I need it.

Killachonna Salad Dressing

Ingredients
40ml white wine vinegar
110ml olive oil
½ tsp mustard (Dijon or English)
1 clove garlic, crushed
½ tsp honey
½ tsp salt
Pinch black pepper

Method
1. Put all the ingredients into a bowl and whisk.
2. Keeps well in the fridge for a couple of weeks.

0 Comments: