Welcome to my Blog!

I decided to start this blog as I really love to cook and over the past few years I have tried out so many different dishes. I am constantly being asked by friends and family for different recipes, so I thought a blog would be an easy way to share recipes with others. I live with my husband, Diarmuid, and three boys: Jack (7), Tiarnán (4), and Fionn (2). I am expecting my 4th child in March. My Dad also lives with us and during the holidays we have a very special man, who we love very much, called Nicholas, who comes to stay (Nick has Cerebral Palsy and my parents had fostered him as a child. Now, he spends his holiday time between my sister, Fiona, and me). All in all a busy household with many different nutritional needs, likes and dislikes.

I qualified as a nurse at St James's Hospital in 2000. Following that, I completed a Bachelor of Nursing Degree at Trinity College Dublin. I worked in many different areas from A&E to paediatrics. I worked for 2 years as a practice nurse at a local medical centre.

After the birth of Fionn in 2007, I decided to start cookery classes for children in my kitchen and Killachonna Cookery School was established. The classes have been a wonderful success and last summer due to the increasing demand I ran my classes from the local secondary school home economics room.

Even though I am not a professionally qualified chef I have been lucky enough to attend the Ballymaloe Cookery School on a number of occasions and participate in many different short courses. It is always a wonderful experience and each time I leave with some extra knowledge and many recipes to try out.

Through this blog, I would like to share some recipes that have been a success for me with my family and with my students who have been as young as six.

That's all for now. Nessa.

0 Comments: